Skip to main content

Thou shalt judge



I started writing this as a give and take, between person A and person B.  And they were discussing C.  And C's actions and life.  And basically A was saying that C was evil, or rather C's actions were evil, wrong, a sin and C was hot footing it to hell.

B on the other hand was asking A -who are you to judge and adding that if A was without sin, then then A could cast stones.

Bystanders, the bible thumping kind joined the sinning and judging fray, and surprisingly there were different quotes supporting both sides.  They are many.  Those on judgement, who should judge and who should not judge and to whom judgement belongs to.  And those on sinning and definitions of sin, and what happens too sinners. 

Verses were dropping all over. On both sides of the divide.  Verses were used however.  In no context whatsoever.  Who cared about the meaning, so long as you could quote the chapter and verse, even half the verse, and uses it to support your argument. 

The argument has not ended.  It seems to be going on and on.  I think the “we cannot judge” group seem to be winning [especially on popular social media sites] because, truth be told, morals went out of the window there a long time ago.  If you stand for the opposite of sin, you are not modern, with it, accepting and the whole big avante garde modern thought shebang, whatever that may be.

The other question someone asked me recently was, what is morality anyway?  Is what is moral for me, the same as what is moral for a person across the world from me [must find those coordinates], who has never even heard of Judaism let alone Christ. What is goodness?  Is goodness morality?  Does goodness mean the same where I am, and something different at those coordinates I am going to find?

I put it to you that between A, B and C, there is three things at least.  One side of the story, the other side of the story, and the truth.  For truth does exist, and it is devoid of any of our opinions.  It stands naked.  It does not matter if A is miss goody two shoes or B the mother of depravity.

One thing I know, is we all [A, B and C] like to be right.  To be looked up to. Admired.  Accepted.  And depending on where we are, we can sometimes try to say that others are wrong so that we look more right.  We [as A] therefore condemn others, so that we can be more than both B and C in the crowds eyes.  Yes, we are playing to the crowd.

This is the problem.  This judging of others, so that we can look good.  Stop it A!!   Thou shalt not judge!! Let it be your personal commandment.  Okay?

That said, me thinks we need to judge.  Lets stop pretending.  We judge.  All the time.

How are we going to maneuver through this horribly obstacled life if we cannot see this is wrong, this is right?  How are we going to decide what we are going to do?  Every moment, every day.

Do we not go through some thought process where we measure what we have, what we have seen, what we have been told, what we want to do, with some standard?  What is this called?  Judging?  Passing a judgement on what is good for us?  Did we just judge something?  Goodness gracious, we just judged.

That's the word.  Just there.  Just.  The word is justness. Fairness.  Not for the destruction of others.
  
Our espri de judge – should be humbleness and selflessness.  At least let others be as we build ourselves.  Or even go a step beyond that and building others as we build ourselves.

Do not judge to show up people.  Do not judge to show others that we are better than them.  Do not take prissy stands for the purposes of condemning others.  Be shrewd.  Be discerning. Be just. Thou shalt judge.

image from http://goodtimesalways.com

Comments

Most viewed

What Madam requires

https://www.vectorstock.com I work as a domestic for my Madam.  I look after Madam’s big family and her big house.  I tend to Madams big garden and her big cars.  For Madam – everything must be big.  She herself is big.  She is also big on ambition – both professionally and domestically.  Which is where I come in. Today I had a review with my Madam.  And she reminded me of her expectations and requirements regarding my performance.  Some requirements were new, some she was just recapping.  In my own words and in no particular order let me tell you what my Madam expects.    My Madam requires;  I am all-knowing.  I must know everything that happened during my watch - where the bumps on the children came from and where her yellow, blue and green scarf is.  She wore it yesterday and left it in the laundry basket. I am omnipotent - all powerful, invincible and able to do what is inhumanly impossible.  I should make her 2 year old eat all 6 meals every day, an

Of panty lines and such other

Truth be told, as one woman to another, your panty line cutting across your baytock is not a pleasant sight.   True story.   And no, I am not jealous.   Truly, I really do not care that you have a big bum.   And yes, my backside is minuscule, a peanut of a derriere.   I am not well endowed in my nether regions.   And still I am not jealous. Lets talk about us, the small haunched women.   As the world goes gaga over the well endowed grogan ciandas, we too have drooled [in an appreciation of God’s creation kind of way and not on a sexual orientation manner], coveted those mahagas.   We have each come to the realisations that, “my fundamentals is small ya?”   We have told ourselves that “not all good things come in big packages” and “small is good too”.   And with that admission has come acceptance and soon an appreciation for our pint sized rear    My bottom is small.   And to add injury to insult, it has a bad shape.   It has dents on the side.   And these dents lend gre

Gal, before you get hitched....

Yeee!!   You are getting married.    Marriage is beautiful. You are in for a great ride!!  Exhilarating and thrilling.   Here is what I think you should know...... Marriage is an official arrangement.  That demands some bureaucratic process and hunting for certificates and signatures from various authorities.  Parking your backside on a man’s 4x6 bed and squeezing your underwear next to his in the bag hanging off the mobile wardrobe door is not a marriage. Even if you have four children.  And it does not matter what the constitution says.  Marriage happens when a man publicly stands up and says it has happened.  Until that day, you are just a woman he sexes, a woman who bears his children, but is not good enough to marry.   Before you marry, you know nothing about marriage.  You have watched marriages.  You have read about it.  You have gone for pre-marriage counseling.  You still know nothing about marriage.  You will find out about marriage when you are

I will write on my table

I am a creature of habits and routines.  Some good, some nasty, some neither here nor there – Rouge Deck thing with a crimson pool, that I nearly took a tumble into.  Future wise words to self – wear flats on deck. lukewarm, which I hear is reviled in some quarters.  One thing is, I do not often go into some spaces.  Like the food, fashion and furniture affair at the DusitD2 space – nice, with its with its Rouge Deck thing with a crimson pool, that I nearly took a tumble into.  Future wise words to self – wear flats on deck. Food was good.  The mushroom fritter like bites dipped in a ricotta and something and dip were divine.  I shamelessly munched on them in bunches of three.  I told the bites distributer to via me every 5 minutes.  Very obedient.  I stopped counting at their fourth stop.  Meanwhile, I was informed that the word divine is bougie bougie and to stop using it tout de suite.  I did.  Will never speak it again.  Only write it when I meet the mushrooms again.  Th

One woman too late

I am sitting at the bar, waiting for a friend who told me she was “at the roundabout” an hour ago.  Nothing much is happening.  Two men sitting to my left.  They are eating crisps dipped in avocadoes smashed with tomatoes and chilies.  Talking about internet marketing.  They each have Coronas in front of them.  I do not understand that beer.  On my right, a fifty-something old man, showing the pictures on his phone to his, female “working class” twenty-something year old date.  I wonder about them for a bit. Wonder what kind of pictures.  Nothing else concrete.  Just wondering without actually thinking.  Thoughts that never quite form in the head kind of wondering. Across the room – two white men sitting face to face across a small low table.  One pudgy.  The other sleek.  They take turns to go to the bar to buy themselves one beer at a time.  Strange.  It’s not a self service bar.  Maybe they like chatting to the bartender.  She is a nice looking gal.  With a mohawk and